Mine Control Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Few things...

2 posters

Go down

Few things... Empty Few things...

Post  Plastiqmanb Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:12 am

First I absoultely love the execution of this minecraft server, love that it plays nice with bukkit's plugins, iOS app, GUI for server management permission control, wow what a FANTASTIC JOB! PLEASE KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK.

Few things I have noticed in my experience with minecontrol...
1) For the love of all that is holy, don't even try to have a local server and client connect from the same computer. IE: my only PC runs my minecraft client and minecraft server. For some reason any time I ran mine control it messed with something in my main minecraft program and I was unable to connect to any multiplayer server. Had to backup minecraft and redownload after deleting the .minecraft folder in %appdata%
- Remedy, get a virtualization product like vmware workstation, virtual box (free), parallels for mac or vmware fusion for mac to run a separate dedicated instance of mine control, works flawlessly so far.

2) Console commands that are executed from mine control seem to have a wierd effect. I'll simply type "list" in the console window of mine control and it runs the list command properly but right after in the same time slot it also throws up a "unknown console command" message. Every time. Wierd bug I believe.

That is about it so far, great work on this awesome app! My friends with andriod phones would love this feature too! Also if we as OPs can give inventory to others via our ios device!

Plastiqmanb

Back to top Go down

Few things... Empty Re: Few things...

Post  Bowmiester Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:06 pm

Thanks for the feedback!

I haven't seen the issue you had with #1 - I'm running mine the same way with the Mine Control Server and the Minecraft game client all together on the same pc (sometimes multiple servers and clients!) and haven't had any issues. If anyone else is seeing this, please let me know so I can try to figure out what's causing the problem!

I have seen that weird extra Unknown console command message when running a bukkit server. But the error came up even running the normal bukkit server from the command line interface, so I assumed it was something with bukkit. I added a filter in the latest Mine Control Server to remove the extra "unknown console command" line that comes through for now.

The Android platform is still foreign to me, but I won't say never Smile After the servers are nice and stable I'll start considering some more clients.

I appreciate all the feedback, so please keep it coming as you use it more!

Bowmiester
Admin

https://minecontrol.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Plastiqmanb Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:08 am

Ok. My apalogies here on the client. I take that all back. The java error was related to peer block when you are blocking http traffic.
Thanks for hearing me out with the other stuff... I also submitted feedback about having multiple groups of items that we can assign to a user.
Godspeed!!

Plastiqmanb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum